For monthly parking, all charges are due and payable in advance by the first day of each month.
Rate is subject to change upon City Council adoption. This application and the rates expressed herein do not create an obligation of the city to maintain the rates herein indefinitely.
This application is made upon the understanding that if accepted by the Parking Utility of the City of Hoboken (hereinafter referred to as “HPU”), a parking space for the owner’s vehicle will be furnished upon the following conditions to which the owner of the vehicle (hereinafter referred to as the “owner”) hereby agrees:
- HPU shall not be liable for any vehicle loss, damage, or delay due to any cause whatsoever, including without limitation acts of God, force majeure, weather, fire, explosion, accident, theft, breakdown of service, auto radiator freeze-ups, labor disputes, or strikes, and the owner releases HPU from, any and all such liability.
- HPU shall not be liable for damage or injury to persons or property resulting from the negligence, operation, or conduct of owners or operations of other motor vehicles, their agents, servants, or employees, and the owner releases HPU from, any and all such liability.
- HPU shall not be responsible or liable for personal property of any nature whatsoever left in, on, or about any motor vehicle.
- This is a self-park facility. No patron shall utilize or attempt to utilize the services of an employee of HPU for any purpose.
- Parking privileges granted hereunder shall apply to the vehicle identified herein or to any other vehicle substituted by the owner in writing with HPU’s prior written permission, and shall be personal to the owner and may not be assigned. The privilege shall apply under this application only to the owner’s primary identified vehicle and the owner shall have no right to park any other vehicle at any time.
- It is expressly understood and agreed that the owner has no proprietary interest whatsoever in any specific space which may be assigned to him, if one is so assigned, and the HPU shall have the right to change the assigned space or eliminate assigned spaces without notice.
- On the first day of each calendar month during which HPU grants parking privileges, the owner, or other person or firm named herein as being responsible for payment, will pay in advance for monthly parking for such calendar month and for any other charges incurred during the preceding calendar month. All charges are due and payable by the first day of the month. No credit will be given for any period of time during which the space is not used.
- This agreement shall continue in force on a month to month basis until either the owner or HPU gives notice, as otherwise provided herein, of its intention to terminate the agreement.
- Parking privileges may be surrendered only upon prior written notice given by the owner to HPU at 101 First Street, Hoboken, New Jersey 07030, not less than ten (10) days prior to the expiration of the calendar month prior to surrender. All charges due to HPU must be paid contemporaneous with delivery of the surrender notice, including parking charges for the month during which such notice is given. In the event of such surrender, the HPU shall be under no obligation to refund any parking charges previously paid.
- Parking privileges may be terminated by HPU at any time upon ten (10) days prior written notice to the owner at his address noted herein. In the event of such termination, HPU will refund any unearned parking charges paid provided the vehicle has been removed from the lot, the hangtag has been returned, all charges due to the HPU have been paid, and, in the event an access card is being used, the access card has been returned to HPU by the owner.
- If the owner shall be in default for a period of five (5) days or more for non-payment of parking charges, HPU is hereby authorized, at its option, (a) to transfer the vehicle to a vehicle other storage facility and to hold the warehouse receipt as security for payment of all unpaid charges due, including charges for such other storage, (b) to terminate this agreement, or (c) apply and exercise any other rights permitted by law to recoup the amounts owed.
- As you know the monthly rent is $195.00. For monthly spaces, the monthly rent is due on the 1st of each month, not later than the 5th business working day. If payment is not received by the 5th business working day, there will be a twenty-five (25) dollar late fee.
- HPU shall have the exclusive and sole right to park or store any other vehicle in the lot. The use of such space by HPU during said period shall in no manner obligate the HPU to waive or abate any portion of the charges or sums due to HPU from owner under this agreement, provided said space or another space is made available to owner’s vehicle upon the return thereof.
- Upon your surrender of your parking privileges in this parking facility you are hereby obligated to immediately surrender the hang tag and access card that was issued to you.
- All vehicles are driven at the owner’s sole risk and responsibility. At all times when the owner’s vehicle is parked in HPU’s lot, the owner shall keep said vehicle completely locked, all the windows closed, and shall remove all keys from the vehicle and retain said keys.
- The owner acknowledges that it has received a copy of, and agrees to abide by the rules and regulations concerning the lot as promulgated and from time to time amended by HPU. Failure to so abide may result, at HPU’s option, in the suspension or termination of the owner’s privileges hereunder.
- This application shall not bind HPU or the City to any contractual obligations except the provisions for one parking space in accordance with and subject to the continued accuracy of the applicant’s information provided herein.