Adopt a pet waste station near your property to promote clean streets in the City of Hoboken!
Free pet waste stations will be available to property owners and managers within Hoboken. The following supplies will be provided at no cost (while supplies last):
- 1 pet waste bag dispenser with signage
- starter supply of pet waste bags
The City will purchase and install a pet waste station (bag dispenser) within a one (1)-block radius of your property. By adopting a pet waste station, you agree to refill your station with bags and encourage your neighbors to properly dispose of pet waste. Please complete this form to request a pet waste station near your property.
Eligibility & Conditions:
- Pet waste station will consist of a bag dispenser similar to this example.
- City of Hoboken will install the pet waste station in the City right-of-way. Special permission is required to install in the Hudson County right-of-way.
- Only sidewalk locations will be considered. Private property such as courtyards and backyards will not be considered.
- Pet waste station will be installed within one (1)-block distance from the Applicant.
- No more than one (1) pet waste station will be located on any block.
- No more than one (1) pet waste station will be provided to any Applicant.
- City of Hoboken will consult with the applicant on the pet waste station location, but reserves the right to determine the ultimate location for the pet waste station considering factors including but not limited to: proximity to public trash cans, proximity to other pet waste stations, and availability or feasibiltiy of locations for anchoring the pet waste station (fence, post, etc.).
- Applicants will be considered on a first-come, first-serve basis, subject to available budget and other factors. Not every Applicant is guaranteed a pet waste station.
- Applicant agrees to refill the pet waste station with bags within two (2) days of it being empty. Should the applicant not refill the pet waste station with bags within two (2) days of it being empty, the City reserves the right to relocate the pet waste station.
- Applicant agrees to maintan the pet waste station including dispenser and signage.
- Applicant agrees to encourage neighbors to properly dispose of pet waste.
- Applicant agrees to review the Hoboken Dogs and Other Animals ordinance.
- Applicant must be a Hoboken property owner or manager in compliance with the Hoboken Registered Agent ordinance. Applicant will designate a registered agent (primary contact person), identified on this request form in typed name and signature. Applicant will notify the City of Hoboken when there is a change in the registered agent.
- Applicant agrees to notify the Department of Environmental Services via email if the dispenser or signs are vandalized or stolen. The City of Hoboken is not liable for any damage to the pet waste station.
Please contact the Hoboken Department of Environmental Services with any questions at 201.420.2000 x4000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.