Plant a tree in front of your house or condo and help the Hoboken Shade Tree Commission reach our goal of 4,000 healthy street trees by 2020. If you are a Hoboken property owner or a property manager, you can have a tree planted by completing this online application and consent form.
A suggested donation of $100.00 and your pledge to care for and water your tree will place your application on our first-come, first-serve tree planting list. This list is subject to available budget and not every applicant is guaranteed a tree.
Eligibility & Conditions:
• Requests can be made for existing empty tree pits as well as paved sidewalk locations.
• Must be a home owner or property manager
• If there is a tree stump in existing tree pit, property owners and/or management will be responsible for stump removal.
• No tree pit — we will open a pit for you for an additional donation of $75.00
• Agree to have undersized tree pits ( 3’ x 5’ ) enlarged, for an additional $50.00.
• Private property such as backyards will not be considered.
• Only sidewalk locations will be considered.
Each location is inspected by a Hoboken Shade Tree Commissioner. If your site is suitable for planting, you will be contacted and provided payment instructions.
Trees are planted in the spring/summer ( March 1 to June 31) and autumn/winter ( October 1 to December 31). Tree species is determined by the Hoboken Shade Tree Commission and is subject to available nursery stock, cost and site conditions.