Plant a tree in front of your property and help the Hoboken Shade Tree Commission reach our goal of 4,000 healthy street trees in 2020. If you are a Hoboken property owner or a property manager, you can have a tree planted by completing this online application and consent form.
A suggested donation of $100.00 and your pledge to care for and water your tree will place your application on our first-come, first-serve tree planting list. This list is subject to available budget and not every applicant is guaranteed a tree.
Eligibility & Conditions:
- Must be a home owner or property manager of the property adjacent to the proposed tree planting location.
- Only sidewalk locations will be considered. Private property such as backyards will not be considered.
- Requests can be made for existing empty tree pits as well as paved sidewalk locations.
- Tree donation — we will plant a tree for you for a donation of $100.00.
- Tree stump — if there is a tree stump in the existing tree pit, you will be responsible for stump removal prior to planting.
- No tree pit — we will open a pit for you for an additional donation of $50.00.
- Undersized tree pit — we will enlarge undersized tree pits for an additional donation of $50.00.
Each location is inspected by a Hoboken Shade Tree Commissioner. If your site is suitable for planting, you will be contacted and provided payment instructions.
Trees are planted in the spring/summer (March 1 to June 31) and autumn/winter (October 1 to December 31). Tree species is determined by the Hoboken Shade Tree Commission and is subject to available nursery stock, cost and site conditions.